There are currently a number of urgent accounts assistant jobs available in the UK for foreigners. These positions are open to candidates with the relevant qualifications and experience. The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of financial statements, maintaining records and providing support to the accounting team. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible.
What does an accounts assistant do?
An accounts assistant is responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing reports, and providing support to the accounting team. Their duties may include reconciling accounts, preparing journal entries, and assisting with auditing and taxation.
How to become an accounts assistant
If you want to become an accounts assistant, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances. First, get a degree in accounting or a related field. This will give you the basic skills and knowledge you need to be successful in the role.
Next, consider getting some experience working in an accounting or finance-related position. This will help you better understand the day-to-day tasks of an accounts assistant. Finally, make sure you are detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills. These qualities are essential for success in this field.
Accounts Assistant Jobs with free Visa sponsorship in UK – APPLY NOW
By working together with the UK Business Controllers, Senior Credit Controller Uk and Corporate Credit department, assisting in the management of all aspects of the Hotels Accounts Receivable functions and credit control. To reduce outstanding debt and the hotel’s level of exposure. To train and support the hotel teams to ensure all company policy’s and procedures are adhered to. Main line of communication between hotels and shared service team. To ensure the organization has maintained compliance according to the local and national laws, and internal company regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage new credit applications ensuring all company guidelines are followed.
- Control of open balances in Opera
- Lead and arrange weekly PM meetings
- Review daily the City Ledger settlements ensuring all folios have been settled correctly
- Timely response to all AR queries
- Control and clearing of relevant nominal accounts in SAP
- Review and manage credit limits
- Assist Corporate credit department with queries and debt collection.
- Review monthly credit management report and provide comments to hotel teams.
- Assist business controllers with any queries from our shared services team
- All of the above but not limited to.
- A competitive salary
- Life assurance
- Excellent discounts through our global My Melia Reward programme for you, your family and friends
- A medical health cash plan to claim money back and access lots of ways to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Perkbox, with access to 1000s of deals and discounts
- Complimentary gym access to support your physical wellbeing (some restrictions at peak times)
- Lots of opportunities to develop and progress as part of our global family Melia Hotels International
- Training and learning academy through eMelia, with the opportunity to learn up to 12 different languages to support your growth!
- An array of diversity, inclusion, and social events and activities creating opportunities to celebrate, as “We’re Social!” is one of our values
- Complimentary meals on duty
Job Skills and Requirements
- Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and genuine manner
- You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll ideally have previous experience in a similar environment and role, but this is not essential
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with new and returning guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, as the face of Hand Picked Hotels