There is an urgent need for Data Infrastructure Engineers in the USA. The demand for these professionals is increasing rapidly, and there are many job openings available. Data Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the data infrastructure of an organization. They ensure that the data infrastructure is able to support the organization’s business goals and objectives. If you are a Data Infrastructure Engineer, now is the time to look for a job in the USA.
At Pocus, we’re on a mission to bridge the gap between non-technical and technical teams. We’ve built a best-in-class, innovative data platform to drive toward this vision.
As a data infrastructure engineer at Pocus, you’ll work alongside the founder / CTO to build the data platform that powers Pocus. This is a unique opportunity to influence our entire development cycle and own significant engineering projects from idea through execution. You will be trusted to own the development of core product functionality and new features. You will build at a high velocity – our motto is “ship and iterate”. You will be empowered to make significant architectural decisions and define the engineering culture at Pocus.
What You Will Be Doing As a Data Infrastructure Engineer In USA
- Work with the founder/CTO to set the vision for the future of Pocus’ data systems.
- Optimize database schemas and queries to power time-sensitive analytic queries.
- Build and maintain interfaces that allow our product engineers to build powerful data tools.
- Build and maintain third-party integrations that allow customers to pull data from their data warehouse into the Pocus product.
- Extend the Pocus data ingestion system, which allows customers to join large datasets without writing code.
Data Infrastructure Engineer Job Requirements
- Engineering background – You have 6+ years of experience writing backend code, working with technologies like Typescript, Python, etc.
- Background in data – You have 6+ years of experience writing advanced SQL and creating ETL pipelines. You have worked with data warehouses and can design and evaluate schemas.
- End-to-end builder – You have 6+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining high-quality software from scratch.
- Thrives with autonomy – You thrive with responsibility and prefer working with small and scrappy teams. You will have the support from our CTO and other engineers but are comfortable individually building something from 0-1.
- Full time